A health expert says Blantyre Water Board management should be taken to task for its carelessness.
This follows reports that a decomposed human body was found in one of the board’s chambers in Ndirande—Malabada in Blantyre.
Dorothy Ngoma said the development clearly shows that the management is casual in its dealings thereby putting the lives of its customers at a health risk.
In a statement Blantyre Water Board has assured residents that the water was not contaminated though the dead body was in its chamber for a whole week saying the water is treated with chlorine and it is tested before distribution.
The utility body said the dead body was found following the Board’s team which was sent to maintain pipelines to Ndirande tank; where police was called at the scene at removed the body in the chamber.
But reacting to the development, Ngoma said if the body started decomposing it means they were some bacteria acting on it which leaves the water contaminated.
Ngoma also blamed the management for what she said is carelessness saying it is questionable how in the first place the body was found at the tank.
She said the development has the potential to put lives of scores of people in danger adding that the management should be fired.
Meanwhile, police investigations are underway on the matter.