Child dies, two hospitalised over suspected food poisoning

A two-year-old boy has died while his two elder brothers aged 12 and10 are admitted to Makanjira Health Centre in Mangochi after eating wild beans locally known as ndozi.

Mangochi Police Public Relations Officer Sub inspector Amina Daudi said a day before the incident, the mother to the children aged 38 cooked the wild beans which she got from nearby Langwe hills and soon after eating the beans the family became unconscious.

Daudi said the family was rushed to Makanjira Health Centre where one of the children was pronounced dead upon arrival.

The two siblings are currently receiving treatment at the same hospital while the mother was treated as an outpatient.

Meanwhile the specimen of the suspected food poisoning has been collected for further examination.

About Augustine Muwotcha

View all posts by Augustine Muwotcha →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *